We're growing and we need some help! As part of an upcoming redesign, we're looking for someone fabulous.
Looking for Part Time Blogger/Instagram-er
We are looking for someone to work between 20-40 hours a month, creating new stories, big and small, photographing food, culture and happenings in Riverdale. You would work with our editor and designer to piece together blog posts and photos, which would include researching a place (a new restaurant, cafe, etc.), generating potential stories, and "grazing" the neighbourhood (walking, looking around at new places, closings, happenings, etc.).
This could be ongoing if the fit is right. To start there would be a trial balloon of a month, after which we'd figure out if it works.
Compensation would be an open-ended discussion, but would probably be in the $1000-$1500 range for 20-40 hours per month.
You would start immediately.
Stuff we'd like you to be:
- Ideally you live in Riverdale or at least Leslieville.
- You're a self starter and people person
- Great photos and visual sense (IG, etc)
- Good writing skills
- Can work to tight deadlines (we often conceive and publish a small story within a 48 hour period)
- If you have proficiency at Squarespace, you go right to the front of the line. (It's pretty easy to learn and if you were open to learning it would be a huge plus.)
- You're a foodie!
Please fill out the contact form below if you're interested, and make sure to include as many social media profiles as possible. This is a plum gig for the right person, as we are easy-going and virtual, so it can be as interesting a gig as you want to make it.
If you would prefer to email, do so here.
Please note due to volume, we can't respond to everyone. Don't be mad ;)